The Runaway is on a UK kindle monthly deal all April!
The Hobeck Books podcast – have a listen!
‘a stonking good read’
‘a creepy atmosphere…’
The Cold Cold Sea
‘An emotional read, a turbulent read.’
Nicki’s Book Blog
Latest feel-good novella
Find out more about:
- Close Encounters of the Malware Kind, or: How to Kill your Computer
- The Writing Life: Getting paid...
- 50 Shades of Being Published
- The Complete 50 Shades
- A budgie called Balthasar
- Shiva, our rescue dog - the whole story
- Switzerland... The Rhine Falls
- Surviving Parenthood
- Seven weeks and counting... Stuff...
- The Week of Small Frustrations...
- Word Perfect… English as she is spelled…
- I don't believe it!!!
- Find a publisher, move to a new flat…
Tag Archives: Arbon
Holidays abroad are going to be very hit or miss this year. Personally, I’m not planning on going anywhere too far from home. This could include going to another country – I can see two others from my flat as … Continue reading
Our town has a new tourist attraction this summer – the Strickweg, loosely translated, the knitwear trail, which starts by the wool shop in the old Fischmarktplatz. One sunny afternoon, a friend and I set off to investigate. There are … Continue reading
Arbon has been here for many, many years. Centuries, in fact – it has connections to an Irish monk called Gallus who died here in 646. We have a castle, part of the original town wall still stands, and the … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, a friend and I took ourselves on a trip to the island of Ufenau, near the south end of Lake Zürich. Early-morning haze was hanging in the air as I stood waiting for the train … Continue reading
I can remember – just – when my parents had a black and white television. I remember my father’s old camera, too, with its black and white photos, most of which are unfortunately now lost. At some point, a new … Continue reading
– but what can you expect, after the rainfall of the past several weeks? And it’s still raining… There’s nothing titchy about our lake. At 64km long and 12km wide, Lake Constance is one of the largest in Central Europe, … Continue reading
Last week I had the first visitors of the summer when some cousins came to N.E. Switzerland for a few days. It was their first time in the area, so I showed them all the best sights. Here are some … Continue reading
The building site along the road is busy – and noisy – these days. They’re pushing hard to get the roof on before winter, so for six days a week we have banging and hammering in the background. Not to … Continue reading
While our north-side windows here overlook lovely woodland and the lake, the view to the south is plain street. A couple of trees, a car lot – and, diagonally across from us, a building site where they’re constructing a new … Continue reading