‘a creepy atmosphere…’
The Cold Cold Sea
‘An emotional read, a turbulent read.’
Nicki’s Book Blog
The Paradise Trees
‘A chilling, tense thriller that will take you into a woman’s
Latest feel-good novella
- Death Wish
'I loved this book from the outset...' Susan Hampson
- Chosen Child
'The pace is perfectly controlled even as it races toward the inevitable crash.' Barb Taub
Find out more about:
- Close Encounters of the Malware Kind, or: How to Kill your Computer
- The Writing Life: Getting paid...
- 50 Shades of Being Published
- The Complete 50 Shades
- A budgie called Balthasar
- Shiva, our rescue dog - the whole story
- Switzerland... The Rhine Falls
- Surviving Parenthood
- Seven weeks and counting... Stuff...
- The Week of Small Frustrations...
- Word Perfect… English as she is spelled…
- I don't believe it!!!
- Find a publisher, move to a new flat…
Tag Archives: Edinburgh
I’ve been holed up in my writing cave for many weeks now, getting the first draft of what will hopefully be book nine down – and yesterday, I typed THE END. (That’s my excuse for the lack of regular blog … Continue reading
Like most people who grew up in Glasgow, I always look on Edinburgh as my second favourite Scottish city. It’s picturesque, historical, quirky… and it’s the setting for Val Penny’s novel Hunter’s Chase. Val’s an American writer who lives in … Continue reading
I can remember – just – when my parents had a black and white television. I remember my father’s old camera, too, with its black and white photos, most of which are unfortunately now lost. At some point, a new … Continue reading
Every time the boys and I go to Edinburgh, someone says, ‘Shall we go up the Scott Monument?’ We don’t often – sometimes it’s shut, sometimes the weather isn’t suitable, and then there’s that narrow spiral staircase with 287 steps … Continue reading