A few weeks ago, writer Susanna Bavin, who writes as herself, Polly Heron and Maisie Thomas, invited me back to her blog to talk about cover love. It’s a great topic for a blog series, because while the main job of a cover image is to be eye-catching, what makes a good cover for a romance is not what makes a good cover for a thriller – and we can argue about the pros and cons of sticking to what’s in fashion or not, too.
I went with my newest book, Pact of Silence, whose cover was designed by Jayne Mapp, who covered Daria’s Daughter too. I wanted to reblog the post, but that doesn’t seem to work with Susanna’s website and mine, so I’ll put the link to the post HERE. Have a look and see what you think – and check out Susanna’s books while you’re there, too!
The Hobeck Books podcast – have a listen!
‘a stonking good read’
Pact of Silence
‘It’s suspense with a capital ‘S’
The Cold Cold Sea
‘An emotional read, a turbulent read.’
Nicki’s Book Blog
Find out more about:
- Close Encounters of the Malware Kind, or: How to Kill your Computer
- The Writing Life: Getting paid...
- 50 Shades of Being Published
- The Complete 50 Shades
- A budgie called Balthasar
- Shiva, our rescue dog - the whole story
- Switzerland... The Rhine Falls
- Surviving Parenthood
- Seven weeks and counting... Stuff...
- The Week of Small Frustrations...
- Word Perfect… English as she is spelled…
- I don't believe it!!!
- Find a publisher, move to a new flat…