The Cold Cold Sea
‘An emotional read, a turbulent read.’
Nicki’s Book Blog
The Paradise Trees
‘A chilling, tense thriller that will take you into a woman’s
Latest feel-good novella
- Latest psychological suspense novel
'I loved this book from the outset...' Susan Hampson
- Chosen Child...
'The pace is perfectly controlled even as it races toward the inevitable crash.' Barb Taub
Find out more about:
- Close Encounters of the Malware Kind, or: How to Kill your Computer
- The Writing Life: Getting paid...
- 50 Shades of Being Published
- The Complete 50 Shades
- A budgie called Balthasar
- Shiva, our rescue dog - the whole story
- Switzerland... The Rhine Falls
- Surviving Parenthood
- Seven weeks and counting... Stuff...
- The Week of Small Frustrations...
- Word Perfect… English as she is spelled…
- I don't believe it!!!
- Find a publisher, move to a new flat…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Lake Constance
Arbon has been here for many, many years. Centuries, in fact – it has connections to an Irish monk called Gallus who died here in 646. We have a castle, part of the original town wall still stands, and the … Continue reading
Imagine having the chance to spend a week in a hotel by a lovely Swiss lake, all expenses paid. That’s what happens to Stacy in my soon-to-be-published novella, A Lake in Switzerland. Just before the story starts, Stacy is wondering … Continue reading
Think of a road, a straight one, like the ones in films, with one lonely car crossing the desert… Your way is clear for miles ahead. Life isn’t like that – we can turn corners and take the road less … Continue reading
Our lake – Lake Constance – is huge. 536 square kilometres, to be exact. Standing on the banks on a misty day, you can almost imagine you’re gazing out over the Atlantic. The photo below was taken from the Austrian … Continue reading
…is a tiny island on our lake. It belongs to Germany, and over the centuries has been home to over 20 churches and chapels, though only three remain. Last week I went there with a couple of friends – the … Continue reading
Yesterday (Saturday), I was sitting in a bus on the way up to town. All was peaceful. Until a woman, complete with grandson, got on and sat down nearby. The little boy would be three, maybe four, and he immediately … Continue reading
Last week, I spent a lovely day in Central Switzerland, first of all with friends in the city of Lucerne, and then with my boys in Zurich. After all the rain we’ve had recently, it was unbelievably soothing to have … Continue reading
Remember back in the day, when the long school holidays started, and weeks and weeks of sunshine stretched in front of us, and we had nothing to do but play – and read? Remember building caterpiller zoos in jam jars, … Continue reading
– but what can you expect, after the rainfall of the past several weeks? And it’s still raining… There’s nothing titchy about our lake. At 64km long and 12km wide, Lake Constance is one of the largest in Central Europe, … Continue reading