The Hobeck Books podcast – have a listen!
‘a stonking good read’
‘a creepy atmosphere…’
The Cold Cold Sea
‘An emotional read, a turbulent read.’
Nicki’s Book Blog
Find out more about:
- Close Encounters of the Malware Kind, or: How to Kill your Computer
- The Writing Life: Getting paid...
- 50 Shades of Being Published
- The Complete 50 Shades
- A budgie called Balthasar
- Shiva, our rescue dog - the whole story
- Switzerland... The Rhine Falls
- Surviving Parenthood
- Seven weeks and counting... Stuff...
- The Week of Small Frustrations...
- Word Perfect… English as she is spelled…
- I don't believe it!!!
- Find a publisher, move to a new flat…
Tag Archives: book location
I’ve never set a book in an area I haven’t visited. Having said that, most of The Runaway takes place in Cornwall, and it’s many a long day since I was there – but the impressions I had then have … Continue reading
It’s lovely having guests on my blog, and even better when I know them in person as well as on social media. Alison Baillie lives a short train journey away from me, so she’s a ‘close’ friend in more ways … Continue reading
Back in the nineties, I spent a week with a friend who had just moved to Biddenham. It’s a good area for a visit from Switzerland – Bedford just a hop down the road, and Cambridge and London less than … Continue reading
Most of my books have relatively vague locations. Somewhere in Yorkshire… a few miles from Newquay… between Glasgow and Edinburgh… Chosen Child, however, is set in lovely St Ives, and the main action in Death Wish takes place in Glasgow, … Continue reading