The Hobeck Books podcast – have a listen!
‘a stonking good read’
‘a creepy atmosphere…’
The Cold Cold Sea
‘An emotional read, a turbulent read.’
Nicki’s Book Blog
Find out more about:
- Close Encounters of the Malware Kind, or: How to Kill your Computer
- The Writing Life: Getting paid...
- 50 Shades of Being Published
- The Complete 50 Shades
- A budgie called Balthasar
- Shiva, our rescue dog - the whole story
- Switzerland... The Rhine Falls
- Surviving Parenthood
- Seven weeks and counting... Stuff...
- The Week of Small Frustrations...
- Word Perfect… English as she is spelled…
- I don't believe it!!!
- Find a publisher, move to a new flat…
Tag Archives: Scotland
A week isn’t a long time when you want to cram in family stuff, visiting friends, and book events – not to mention shopping in lovely UK shops. Highlight number one was meeting my brand new great-nephew, who was obliging … Continue reading
It’s been a long journey, but the best bit about writing The Attic Room was the fact that I could revisit the book locations in my head. I especially enjoyed the Scottish ones – the lovely Isle of Arran on … Continue reading
Well, I had a brilliant time in Glasgow launching The Cold Cold Sea. The city was looking great after hosting the Commonwealth Games; flowers everywhere and a really good, energetic atmosphere in the air. I missed the Duke of Wellington … Continue reading
It’s a ‘working’ holiday for me in August this year. I’m visiting Glasgow for the launch of The Cold Cold Sea, and of course I’ll be catching up with as many people as I possibly can, too. Holidays are great … Continue reading
Let’s think clichés – you hear ‘Switzerland!’ and you think – what? Chocolate, cheese, snowy mountains… Maybe you think ‘Cuckoo clocks!’ – but they actually originated in the Black Forset region of Germany. Or ‘Lederhosen!’ – but they’re more Bavarian. … Continue reading