Fun with screenshots, and some news

Sometimes you come across a real gem of an image. I usually do an Amazon-check of my books at the weekend (unless they’re on promotion, when I *may* be tempted to check more often… 🙂 ) So last week, I opened Amazon UK, typed in Baby Dear (my shortest and easiest to type title) – and found the image below – please note it’s ‘…the most relevant results’:

I wonder if they showed Baby Dear to people looking for very hungry caterpillars? It reminded me of a similar screenshot last Christmas. The connection was more obvious this time, but just in case anyone’s wondering, mine is definitely not a children’s book!

Something else that’s fun to collect is category bestseller flags. They don’t come round  often, but A Lake in Switzerland picked up one last week:

My ‘Switzerland’ novellas are doing better than I’d anticipated, which is nice. It’s not so easy finding readers when you do such a 180° genre-about-turn.
A Spa in Switzerland had a number one too, but I missed the flag screenshot. Here it is in the listing, though:

For the past several months, I’ve been cracking on with the next in the series, Trouble in Switzerland. It’s being edited at the moment and should be ready later this summer.
Although the novellas are a series, each story is complete in itself and they can easily be read as standalones.

Another thing I  enjoy is when Amazon recommends me my own books. I think this happens because their software (or whatever it is) notices that although I check these books regularly, I never buy one.

My headline news this week, though, is that Chosen Child is going to be translated into German and Italian – happy dance! This won’t happen overnight, but hopefully, sometime next year, I’ll have two more foreign editions to add to my collection of one…

Auf Wiedersehen and arrivederci!

This entry was posted in books, The Writing Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Fun with screenshots, and some news

1. Georgia Rose says:

It must be the Baby in the title that is messing with the mighty Amazon algorithm, Linda. But fabulous news on how well the novellas are doing, and on the translations – Wow!! Top stuff! 😀

Liked by 2 people

2. Georgia Rose says:

…and somehow I managed to miss A Spa in Switzerland coming out – I’ve just corrected that and it’s winging it’s way to my kindle as I type 😀 Now just to find the time…

Liked by 2 people

3. gordon759 says:

Wonderful, it reminds me of the time I wrote a piece about shipwrecks for a local history society website. I sent the link to a school as I thought the information would be useful for project work they were doing, only to be told that the page was blocked due to ‘inappropriate content’!
    It took me some time before I discovered that the inappropriate material was contained in a transcript from a Victorian parish magazine that had been attached to my page. It takes some work to find inappropriate material in a Victorian church magazine, but they did it.

Liked by 2 people

• lindahuber says:

Heavens – a Victorian church magazine and inappropriate content don’t usually appear together, do they? When you think of it, though, quite a lot of history could be deemed inappropriate…

Liked by 1 person

4. Helen Pollard says:

Your screen shots made me smile 🙂 Congratulations on the success of your novellas (well-deserved!) and the translations!

Liked by 2 people

5. jenanita01 says:

Lovely to see someone forging ahead!

Liked by 1 person

6. Terry Tyler says:

Ha ha, that’s really funny – I usually go to my books via the links on Twitter (I check the new trilogy a couple of times a day, the others only if they’re free or on Kindle Countdown), but if I type in Terry Tyler I get a few of my books then some hot romance stuff, with semi-naked couples on the front!!!!

• lindahuber says:

Oooh!! You wonder sometimes just what associations Amazon’s algorithms are making… Yes, I check mine more often when they’re new too, but the universal links I use take me to Amazon Germany, which is not always where I want to go! 🙂

7. Congratulations with the translations, Linda. That’s funny about the caterpillar. 🙂 The God Amazon moves in mysterious ways sometimes. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t take screenshots of my number one flags.

Liked by 1 person